Within a short drive and amidst beautiful scenery at every turn and in every season there are many shopping, sightseeing and dining opportunities.
- Cooperstown, with the Baseball Hall of Fame, Farmers Museum, Fenimore House Museum and other attractions.
- The Finger Lakes Region, with wineries, downhill skiing, boat trips and other entertainments.
- Many colleges within 60 miles, including Cornell University, Ithaca College, Wells, Syracuse University, Le Moyne, Hamilton, Colgate, Hartwick, Binghamton University, Colgate, SUNY Cortland and SUNY Oneonta to name a few.
- Visit Cities of Binghamton, Syracuse, and Utica with cultural and historic attractions and transportation connections.
- Year-round outdoor recreation, including canoeing, kayaking, fishing, swimming, bird watching, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and hiking in local and state parks and environmental centers.
- The immediate area offers many fairs and festivals celebrating the arts, the seasons, various holidays and local heritage.